STRICTLY Come Dancing chiefs are ready to “break the bank” to sign up Michelle Keegan for this year’s show.
They have a hit-list of celebrities they want to see strutting their stuff on the dance floor this autumn. And former Coronation Street actress Michelle, 30, is a top target. They are so determined to get her that insiders say they are prepared to spend more than ever. A source for the show said: “Everyone knows that having Michelle Keegan out on the Strictly dance floor would be ratings gold. She has a huge and loyal fanbase, but more importantly to bosses they know her supporters are young. That’s a demographic that they are desperate to attract to the show and something they are willing to break the bank for. And, of course, all the male professional dancers would be desperate to be paired with Michelle. Everyone behind the scenes thinks she would set the dance floor alight. It’s now a matter of convincing her to sign up.”
But Strictly chiefs could face a tough battle because Michelle has previously warned she couldn’t cope with the stress of dancing live in front of the nation every Saturday night. Her husband Mark Wright, 31, competed on the show in 2014 and made it all the way to the final with Karen Clifton, right. That gave Michelle a taste of what it’s like to compete for the famous glitterball trophy. Asked if she would be following in his footsteps after his stint on the show, she said: “It was so horrible watching Mark! Mark’s a more confident person than me. I remember seeing how nervous he was and thinking, ‘If he’s like that, I just couldn’t do it’.” But the Our Girl star also says she can’t “ever rule the show out”, giving bosses a chance at persuading her to sign up. Our source added: “Michelle might have an issue with nerves but we hope she’ll be able to put them to one side and enjoy all the glitz and glamour Strictly offers.”
Source : dailystar.co.uk